Home Decs - Festive Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Festive Photo Competition (the “Competition”)
By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This Competition is promoted by Macmillan Cancer Support (“Macmillan”), registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907), the Isle of Man (604) also operating in Northern Ireland; a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (02400969), Isle of Man company number 4694F with registered office at 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ (‘Macmillan, we, us, our’). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Entry into the Competition will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- Entry to the Competition is free; no purchase or donation necessary.
- Competition participants must be aged 13+ and resident in UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man to enter. Employees of Macmillan or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies who are connected with operation, fulfilment or judging of the Competition are not eligible to take part.
- Macmillan will post a status about the Competition on Facebook and Twitter.
- To enter the Competition, you must comment on / reply to Macmillan’s post on Facebook or Twitter, with a festive photograph you have taken. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- Please do not submit photographs of other people. Photographs of landscapes, nature, animals, pets, Christmas trees and any other festive photographs are all acceptable.
- By entering the Competition you agree to assign all copyright and intellectual property ownership of the submitted photograph to Macmillan and agree that Macmillan shall have the right to use the image on its own products.
- The Competition opens on Friday 6 December 2019 at midday and the closing date for posting your entry is Monday 9 December 2019 at midnight.
- The winner of the Competition will be selected from all eligible properly submitted entries by a member of Macmillan’s creative services team. Entries will be judged on how good the photograph is, how festive it is and how suitable it is for printing on a Christmas card, in the opinion of the judge(s) in their absolute discretion.
- The winner will be notified no later than 4.30pm on Tuesday 10 December 2019 by direct Facebook or Twitter message.
- The winner’s photograph will be printed on one of our “gifts that change lives” donation cards. The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- The winner will also receive a free copy of the card containing their photograph if they provide a UK address for this purpose. If the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible address for Macmillan to send their free copy of the card to by Tuesday 17 December 2019 then the winner will not be entitled to receive this.
- The winner agrees to assign all copyright and property ownership in the submitted photograph to Macmillan and agrees that Macmillan shall have the right to use the image on its own products.
- By participating in the Competition, you agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Macmillan nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Macmillan’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Macmillan is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Macmillan reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Macmillan of any third-party supplier of the prize or any third parties concerned in any way with the Competition.
- Save where it has been negligent, Macmillan will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Competition. Macmillan will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unreadable entries.
- Macmillan is not liable in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with this Competition for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit Macmillan’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- All Macmillan’s decisions in relation to the Competition are final in all matters and Macmillan will not enter into any correspondence with participants other than the Competition winners.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.