At Macmillan Cancer Support we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn't reasonably expect.
- We will only send you marketing information electronically (eg. by email, text/SMS) if you specifically agree to us doing so.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 0300 1000 200.
- If you ask us to stop sending marketing information we will update our records to stop further mailings as quickly as we can. However, for up to 28 days you may still receive further mailings which were already in progress prior to you asking us to stop.
- We may send marketing information by post or call you for marketing purposes, unless you have previously opted out or said that you don't want to be contacted. Prior to carrying out postal mailings we may check against the Mail Preference Service. We also use a data cleaning company based in the UK to ensure that our address records are accurate and up to date, and to stop mailings to people who have died.
- We collect personal data e.g. your name, postal and email addresses, when you give them to us for various purposes, such as donating, seeking advice, signing up for an event, or applying for a job. We carry out data matching on people who support us through donating, fundraising, or campaigning. This means that we will combine information you have given us, such as your postcode, with information from other sources. For example, we use a tool called Mosaic, which is owned by Experian for data matching.
- We do data matching to:
- exclude people who we consider may be vulnerable (such as people living in care homes) from marketing communications
- to build a better profile of our supporters so that we can more effectively target our communications
- to tailor our communications to you and to predict the level at which you might be able to support us in future
- We will do data matching for these reasons unless you let us know that you don't want us to. We have lots more information about the types of profiling we do under the Building Profiles and Targeting Communications section of this policy.
- We do data matching to:
- We provide links to other websites whose privacy practices are outside our control. You should check the privacy practices of any third party website before disclosing any personal information.
- We use the information you give us for segmentation of our database, for example, by analysing information such as the postcodes of supporters, names, addresses. This enables us to tailor our communications to you and in a fundraising context, enables us to raise more funds. Please see Building profiles and targeting communications for more information on the types of profiling that we do.
- If we rely on consent to process your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Macmillan Financial Grants Lottery Limited
- Macmillan Cancer Information Lottery Limited
- Macmillan Influencing Cancer Care Lottery Limited
- Macmillan Healthcare Lottery Limited
- Macmillan Cancer Support Trading Limited
- Macmillan Cancer Support Sales Limited
- Macmillan Cancer Support Enterprises Limited