Terms & Conditions
Please read the below carefully as it is legally binding on you. Your use of this website means you accept these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of this website.
On this page...
- Shop terms and conditions
- Contacting us about our Terms and Conditions
- Use of our site
- Contracting party
- Our contract
- Our products
- Price of product
- Returns policy
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Other terms
- Christmas Gift Box Competition terms
Shop terms and conditions
These Shop Terms and Conditions apply to all orders for the purchase of goods from the online shop (the "Shop") at: http://shop.macmillan.org.uk/, they apply in addition to the Macmillan Terms and Conditions and the Registration Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/terms-and-conditions.html
Contacting us about our Terms and Conditions
If you have any queries about your order or any other questions, please contact the customer service team on 0203 640 7550 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have to contact you we will do so via telephone or by writing to you at the e-mail or postal address you have provided us in your order.
Use of our site
Your use of our site is governed by our Website & Registration Terms and Conditions, which can be found here https://www.macmillan.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/terms-and-conditions.html . Please take the time to read this as it includes important terms which apply to you.
Should you purchase any items from the Shop, you will be contracting with Macmillan Cancer Support Trading Limited ("we", "us", "our") on the terms outlined below. We are a company registered in England and Wales (no: 2779446), registered VAT 668265007, registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. We are a wholly owned subsidiary company of Macmillan Cancer Support, to which we give all of our profits.
If you place an online order to purchase any items from the Shop, this represents an offer from you to us to purchase an item, which is accepted by us when we send you an email confirmation of your order.
Items listed on the Shop are subject to availability and it is not always possible for us to inform you at the time you place your order whether the goods you want are still available for purchase.
If we are unable to fulfil your order or part of your order, we will inform you of this and will ask you how you would prefer to proceed, for example cancellation, a full or partial refund, or a substitute item.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept your order. We may not accept your order, for example, where:
- The products are out of stock
- The products are incorrectly priced
- The products do not satisfy our quality control standards
- Payment authorisation has been declined or otherwise payment for the product is not received
- We suspect any fraudulent activity
Every time you order a product from the Shop, the terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us. We may make changes to these terms from time to time in order to reflect changes in relevant law and regulatory requirements. We will make available a copy of the updated terms on our website at all times and where you have provided an email address, we will notify you of any material changes.Back to top
We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract.
The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we make every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
Personalised items which have a preview function may not appear precisely as in the preview. The preview function is to give a rough estimation of its appearance. The message on the item will be as displayed, but due to the nature of the preview function, the item may not appear exactly as previewed.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Macmillan is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this website. While we work to ensure that the product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more information to that displayed on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the product before use.Back to top
The prices of the products will be quoted on our site at the time you submit your order and payment will be taken at this stage.
Prices for our products may change from time to time, but any change in price will not affect any order we have already accepted.
The price of a product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to the delivery and returns information on the individual product page and the main delivery & returns procedure below.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. If there has been a pricing error, we will inform you by email prior to fulfilling your order and will offer the option of a full refund, pay you the difference if you have paid too much, or the option to pay the difference and complete the order if you have paid too little.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Where VAT is chargeable on a product, the price displayed will be inclusive of VAT.
If you believe you are eligible for VAT relief, please complete the customer declaration section of this form: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-reliefs-for-disabled-people-eligibility-declaration-by-a-disabled-person and return it to email@example.com We reserve the right to refuse the request if we are advised, or have reason to believe, that VAT relief is not applicable.
The costs for delivery will be as displayed to you on the Shop site.
We aim to get your goods to you within 7 days of receiving your order, and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order. Personalised merchandise is shipped directly from the supplier (currently Personalised Merchandise Company) and may take up to 28 days to reach you.
If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if the goods have not been delivered within 30 days of the contract, you may contact us to set a new delivery time or to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you have provided. You will own the products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges and have sent an order confirmation email.
Right to cancel
If you are a consumer ("consumer" means you are acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession), you have a legal right to cancel a contract during the period set out below. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a product, you can return the product and receive a refund (excluding delivery fees).
This cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- any products that are made to your specifications or that have been clearly personalised; or
- any products that have become unsealed following delivery or are unsuitable for return due to health or hygiene reasons.
Your right to cancel will expire 30 days after the day on which you (or the person you nominate) received the goods (or received the final item from an order for several items).
To exercise your right to cancel you must return the items according to the instructions on the return slip or as advised by us – see below. You may also inform us in a clear statement sent by post or email to the address below.
How to return your items
If a return slip is included with your package, you must follow the directions stated on the return slip. If there is no return slip, or if you have any questions about returns please contact us on the details below to arrange your return.
Tel: 0203 640 7550
You must send back the goods without undue delay. In any event the goods must be received by us no later than 30 days from the day on which you received (or were deemed to receive) the product. You are deemed to have received the product 5 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays) after we post it to you if it is not received sooner. The deadline is met if we receive the goods before the period of 30 days has expired.
Refunds for returned items
If you cancel this contract, we will refund all payments received from you, except the cost of delivery which is non-refundable. Where possible, we may include a free returns label but we are not obliged to do so.
Where permitted to do so, we will reduce your refund to reflect any reduction for the loss in the value of the goods which has resulted from your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop, including situations where the handling has gone beyond what is necessary to establish the nature and identity of the product.
Where the items are part of a multi-item deal (for example 3 items for the price of 2), you must return all items to receive a full refund. If you return only some of the items, you will be charged in full for the item(s) you retain and you will be refunded the difference.
We will make refunds as soon as possible, and no later than 14 days from the day we have received the returned goods.
We will make the refund using the same means of payment that you used for the initial purchase unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. You will not incur any fees as a result of the refund.
Where there is a problem with your products
If there is a fault in the product(s) you have ordered, you may be entitled to a refund or replacement. The expiry dates of these rights are set out below.
Within 30 days
If your item is faulty or does not meet the statutory rights, you have the right to a full refund, providing you let us know within 30 days from the delivery of your products.
Within six months
If your item is faulty or does not meet the statutory rights, you will have the right to a repair or replacement (unless fault is caused by your use of the products) if you let us know within six months of the delivery of your products.
(Your statutory rights are your rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about these contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens' Advice Bureau.)
If your item cannot be repaired or replaced then you are entitled to a refund in most cases.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please contact customer services on the details provided above.
If you have any questions or complaints about your purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and find a satisfactory solution to your complaint.
If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the contract.
We only supply the products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and you acknowledge that we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products, and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Privacy and Data Protection
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will notify you in writing if this happens and this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this contract.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
If you have any queries or complaints, please contact us on email@example.com. If customer services is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, until 31 December 2020 you may refer your complaint to The EU Online Dispute Resolution platform, available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Terms and Conditions – Christmas Gift Box - Free Prize Draw
By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This Prize Draw is promoted by Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907), the Isle of Man (604) also operating in Northern Ireland; a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (02400969), Isle of Man company number 4694F with registered office at 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ (‘Macmillan, we, us, our’).
- Entry into the Prize Draw will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- Prize Draw participants must be aged 18+ and a resident in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man to enter. Employees of Macmillan or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. One entry is permitted per person.
- The Prize Draw is free to enter; there is no donation or payment required to enter.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must reply to the Facebook / Instagram post answering the question in the caption.
- The Prize Draw will open when the picture is posted on Facebook or Instagram by Macmillan.
- The Prize draw will close at midnight on 17th December 2020. Entries completed after this time will not be valid and will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- The winner will be selected at random from all eligible submissions.
- The winner will be notified no later than 18th December 2020 over Facebook or Instagram by direct message.
- The winner must respond accepting the prize by midnight on 19 December 2020 to claim the prize. If the winner refuses the prize, Macmillan reserves the right to reallocate the prize.
- The prize is a voucher code entitling the winner to a Macmillan Christmas Gift Box up to the total value of £40. Items included in the gift box are subject to change and may not be the same as those in the picture.
- The prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. By participating in the Prize Draw, you agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Macmillan nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- A voucher code will be sent to the winner no later than 20th December 2020. This will enable the winner to order a Macmillan Christmas Gift Box. The voucher will expire at midnight on 31 December 2020. Macmillan cannot guarantee when the gift box will be received as this is dependent upon the postal service.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Macmillan’s reasonable control and not related to the winner, Macmillan is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Macmillan reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by Macmillan of any third-party supplier of the prize or any third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw.
- Save where it has been negligent, Macmillan will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Prize Draw or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Macmillan will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unreadable entries.
- Macmillan is not liable in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise in connection with this Prize Draw for loss of revenue, contract, profits, anticipated savings or loss of data, any special or indirect or consequential losses or any loss of goodwill or reputation. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit Macmillan’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- All Macmillan’s decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final in all matters and Macmillan will not enter into any correspondence with participants other than the Prize Draw winner.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.